Our friendly team hastens to congratulate Professor V.Vasilev, the co-director of the Center, with the presentation of such a prestigious award! This medal is a recognition of outstanding merits and contribution to the domestic philosophy.
Professor V. Vasiliev is known for his works on the history of the philosophy of the Modern Age, and analytic philosophy, as well as his own philosophical developments in the field of problems of consciousness and free will. In the philosophy of mind, he has proposed the idea of local interactionism. Also, he is defending ultracompatibilism about free will. V.Vasilyev’s ideas are a single system, which has not only the common statements but also the unified approach namely argumentative phenomenology, a kind of the armchair philosophy, which does not lose Its relevance and heuristic force even now.
Below is a list of the main works of Professor V. Vasiliev:
1. The cellars of Kant’s metaphysics;
2. Philosophical psychology in the era of enlightenment;
3. The hard problem of consciousness;
4. Consciousness and things. An outline of phenomenalistic ontology;
5. In defense of classical compatibilism. Essay on free will.